Thursday, May 31, 2007

Sickness Lover




Energetic was my feel,
since my childhood till that day,
when I first met a girl,
with my parents by my side.

Just a half of an hour,
was the time that I spent,
when she was no exception,
for a similar feel I had.

Cruel should these people be,
thought I about my thickest pals,
to tease us when we had to talk,
and make us feel embarrassed.

Distance kept us separated,
from seeing and talking to each other,
and the only way for us to understand
each other is through the mobile phone.

More sickening it was at times,
when I tried her number again and again,
and she failed to attend the call for some reason,
for she was away from her mobile at times.

But slowly I started to like that feel,
of waiting for her to pick up the phone,
and that’s where I started to realize,
the medicine for sickness is to love it.

Frequent trances shook me first,
made me feel there’s nothing around,
the only thoughts that ran my mind,
were those of the days when we’d be each others’.

When I thought for myself how I had changed,
I found that I had never been so strange,
it seemed to me like a sickness struck,
but I realized I’d become a Sickness Lover.

2 comments:

Donna said...

hey arun!!! superb...wow!!! u have become a poet....u just pulled out ur exact emotions...good pal! keep writing!!!

(applause) on ur poetic venture

Deep said...

Hey Dog,
Man, is that u who had written it??!!! I cant believe my eyes dude.
Anyways (for the record) gud work!!!