Friday, June 15, 2007

Am I losing . . . ? or Am I gaining . . . ? Am I taking the right decision?



25 years since my birth and especially the school and college days
the so-called bachelor paradise-like life where fair is foul and foul is fair
oh!!! I am losing all that freedom and am going to become a family man . . .
am I losing . . . ? or am I gaining . . . ? Am I taking the right decision?

spending time with friends and knowing not what to do
roaming about the streets on my bike with always a friend on the pillion
oh!!! I may not go out again with friends like that and am going to become a family man . . .
am I losing . . . ? or am I gaining . . . ? Am I taking the right decision?

wow!!! those fast bikes, those fast rides and tours with friends
and racing each other on the southern highways with the thrill filling the hearts
oh!!! I may not be able to drive my bike faster any more and am going to become a family man . . .
am I losing . . . ? or am I gaining . . . ? Am I taking the right decision?

since childhood my mom stays worried about me and now she has found a substitute
the girl whom I am getting married to is purely my mom’s choice of what she wanted
and will I be able to do all that I had been doing all these years?
hmm . . . might seem like I am losing; but I am actually gaining!!!

all the thrill should stop at a stage and all the play should come to an end
there are times when we need to be serious and think of people who depend on us
it’s high time I have to identify my responsibilities and become a successful family man
I am losing the thrill and play; I am gaining responsibilities; alas!!! and that’s the decision!!!

thrill and play give us happiness; but is that happiness true? That’s a question . . .
truth is always sour and is never pleasant as we have seen it in many cases
if thrill and play is not giving us true happiness, then what’s it that gives it?
it’s fulfilling of responsibilities that gives us true happiness

now I have started the search for true happiness
and I have people who will depend on me for the rest of their life
it’s high time I have to stop all the thrill and play I had been enjoying
I have taken the right decision though the path is not going to be that pleasant always!

it’s my transition from a bachelor to a family man
and it’s time to say good bye to all the fun that I had in my life
it’s not that I will not be having fun in my family life
but this fun is different with added responsibilities in everyday life!

the time has come for me to hate what I loved
the time has come for me to love what I hated
I am losing just the illusive happiness and I am gaining the way to true happiness
Aaha!!! I am happy . . . I am making the right decision!!!

2 comments:

woman undercover ;) said...

hey arun...u have made a thorough analysis of the happiness this shore and the shore u are going to be.

u are really talented man ..keep ur ideas flowing

In fact i got the exact pic of whats going in a bachelor's mind when he's gonna get enagaged

woman undercover ;) said...

And u have put the great 32-teeth smile pic of urs...one of the best pic of urs