Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Oh!! Oh!! How much burden at such an early age . . .


Stop! Stop! And I am just 3
and this bag weighs my weight X 3
my backbone is so slender and my shoulders are soft
and me carrying this bag, does it sound soft?

I want to run, I want to play
I just want to be with friends
but why are they not allowing me out
and forcing me to read all these books

Botany, zoology, chemistry and physics
EVS, geography, history and civics
last, but not the least, comes the tough mathematics
should I read all these just in my standard six?

Too many subjects and heavy loads of books
Oh!! Oh!! How much burden at such an early age . . .
do I have to study all these subjects at this very small age?
can’t I just choose the subjects that I like most?

This burden makes me hate education
and at cradle I started fearing my future
if this is the burden at such an early age
Oh God!! – How is my higher education going to be?

The education system needs a change
it should have made me love education
as a change, the burden should considerably reduce
and the framers for education should open their eyes

Knowledge should be effectively inculcated
through games, songs, drama and pictures
education should be made practical
and usage of books should be considerably reduced

Libraries should be the source of books
and my school bag should start weighing less
for books should only be used for reference
and knowledge should be acquired from practical work

These were my feelings when I was a kid
but I did not have the capability to write
now I have the capability to do that, so I do
and people!!!, save the slender backbone of children please . . .

2 comments:

woman undercover ;) said...

hey nice cute poem...

really the school badgs are very heavy nowadays man - and really evrything pressurises the kid


GOod poem

spacesorceress said...

hmm! thats a nice poem u have on!

got to your blog through donna's.

However, today, i dont regret having carried so many books and studied so much. knowledge is never wasted. moreover, more often that not, kids find alot of time for activities that cannot exactly be termed as productive, so little bit of learning wont kill them :)

call me old school, but that's just my view :)